HAZOP/ PAAG-LOPA/ functional safety/ Human Factors/ EN 61511-3: 2019-Seminar
Safety Instrumented Systems
The new EU standard EN 61511-3:2019 "Functional Safety" describes the determination of tolerable risk and "probabilistic" methods for the analysis and control of risks in technical processes and installations of the process industry by appropriate protection systems and the specification of their necessary reliability.
The goal of risk mitigation is to comply with tolerance criteria, which must be set out in the risk matrix for various serious effects of loss events. Of the methods described in EN 61511-3, the simplest way to determine requirements for the reliability of protection systems (expressed by Safety Integrity Level (SIL) for "instrumented" (Electric/ Electronic systems or Independent Protection Layer (IPL) for mechanical systems) are the use of the Risk Graph Method and the use of the Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) The EN 61511-3:2017 gives only few numerical values as to the frequency of initiating events or probabilities for failure of safeguards. In the seminar, however, numerous international data are explained.
- HAZOP-Study and Regulations
- Risk Graph method and other methods (e.g. FMEA)
- Risk tolerance criteria, risk matrix
- Method Comparison
- Human Factors
- Functional safety
Our seminar will take place on 01./02. June and 14./15. September 2022 in Dresden.
- Dr. rer. nat. Karl-Werner Thiem, HAZOP/LOPA-Moderator, Consultant
- Dipl.-Ing. Wilfried Hilbig, expert for plant safety, Consultant
- Dipl. Ing. Stephanie Bauer, HSE, Fraunhofer-Institut für Silicatforschung ISC
- Dipl.-Ing. Karsten Litzendorf, Engineering Office Litzendorf
- Dr. Ing. Robert Kirchner, Process-& Environmental Engineering Kirchner
Our event is aimed at executives and employees:
- From Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), fire protection, explosion protection, occupational safety, environmental protection
- From management, engineering; for safety specialists, security officers, risk assessment officers
- To all (contract) manufacturers, importers and downstream users
Book our HAZOP/LOPA seminar (in German language) →